[FFmpeg-devel] Reorganisation of incoming/samples collection

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Feb 16 17:28:12 CET 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 05:15:55PM +0100, Ivo wrote:
> On Monday 16 February 2009 02:07, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 01:43:17AM +0100, Ivo wrote:
[...]
> [..]
> > > [*] send notes to me! things to note: filename --> issue/bug number or
> > > filename --> no issues. With this information, I can add the issue
> > > number to the filename and rebuild the symlinks correctly. If you start
> > > working on a certain directory, it's preferable if you coordinate it
> > > with me to avoid other people duplicating your work. Also, send your
> > > notes quickly, even if they are incomplete, to further reduce the risk
> > > of wasting time by duplicating work of others.
> >
> > do you want a ML for incoming/ coordination and work? could also be used
> > as dst for some scripts output ...
>
> Yes, I think that's a good idea. How do we go from here to get that list
> created?

contact root at mphq and CC the request here

> (name? ffmpeg-samples?)

mphq-incoming maybe but i have no real oppinion on the name ...
iam happy with anything ...

[...]

> > > * if there are several (long) log files, you can targz, tarbz2, rar or
> > >   (7)zip them together (e.g. <basename>.tar.bz2)
> >
> > may i suggest that we drop gz in favor of bz2 ?
>
> I do not really care. My script picks up a lot of different accompanying
> files (tar{,.gz,.bz2} rar, zip, 7z, log, txt), but if you want to forbid
> certain formats because they are difficult to handle on *nix, we can change
> the rules.

i didnt want to forbid it i just wanted to shorten the list of recommanditions

> > > * if there are accompanying bmp, png, jpeg, whatever, images that show,
> > > for example, certain frame artifacts, tar, zip, whatever, them too and
> > > give the file an identical filename (except for the extension)
> >
> > this is inconvenient as with that, one no longer can just point ones
> > browser to them to take a look
>
> With my browser(s) (Opera, Konqueror) I can just click on the tar.bz2 file,
> it opens up a window and then I can click on the image and view it.

you know this isnt efficient with large compressed archives ...
and doesnt work with all browsers

> ... defining _GNU_SOURCE...
For the love of all that is holy, and some that is not, don't do that.
-- Luca & Mans