[FFmpeg-devel] Reorganisation of incoming/samples collection

Ivo ivop
Tue Feb 17 22:01:10 CET 2009

On Tuesday 17 February 2009 21:32, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 09:25:47PM +0100, Ivo wrote:
> > [1]
> > fubar.avi	-->	ff_12345+avi+mpeg4+mp3++fubar.avi
> > fubar.png	-->	ff_12345+avi+mpeg4+mp3++fubar.png
> >
> > or
> >
> > [2]
> > fubar.png	-->	ff_12345+image+png+++fubar.png
> >
> > The problem with the first option is that a png image will get archived
> > under avi container, mpeg4 video, etc... The problem with the second
> > option is that the files are only next to eachother under issue/ and if
> > there's not issue/bug number attached, it won't be obvious which image
> > belongs to which mediafile. That could be fixed though if we start
> > numbering non-roundup/bugzilla files too.
>
> the images, txt and media file should be kept together
> the images could be in a subdir if there are many

It actually solves a whole lot of problems and ugly hacks in my script if I
implement the following. Upoaders should upload like:

issue12345/fubar.avi
issue12345/fubar.txt

and if there are a bunch of images, or input files used during transcoding,
or whatever:

issue12345/fubar/img1.png
issue12345/fubar/img2.png
issue12345/fubar/img9.png
etc..

which will be renamed to:

ff_12345+avi+mpeg4+mp3++fubar.avi
ff_12345+avi+mpeg4+mp3++fubar.txt
ff_12345+avi+mpeg4+mp3++fubar/img1.png
ff_12345+avi+mpeg4+mp3++fubar/img9.png

This way, it's just archiving and symlinking as usual, I only have to check
wether there's a subdirectory or not and symlink that too. The files will
be available through every index (container, codec, ...) right next to the
mediafile. Thanks for the subdir suggestion :)

--Ivo