[FFmpeg-devel] Indeo3 maintainer?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Mon Jul 6 11:17:06 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jul 06, 2009 at 05:26:05AM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 05, 2009 at 02:28:41PM +0200, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> > am I right that we have no maintainer for indeo3 (only Michael in his
> > "fallback" role)?
>
> too much is falling back on me, iam failing misserably to maintain code
> that is mine to maintain let alone suff like the obfuscated indeo3 ...

I sure wasn't trying to push this on you!

> > The problem seems to me that the code lacks buffer boundary checks all
>
> i remembr that ....
> if you think there are missing checks on writng instead of just reading then
> iam fine with disabling indeo3 until maxim or someone else can maintain it
> properly

Well, reading the code I concluded the issue is mostly (only?) with reference
frames, in which case it should only be reads.
Unfortunately valgrind says otherwise, which is no surprise with code
like that:
                cp2 = s->ModPred + ((lv - 8) << 7);
                cp = ref_frm_pos;
                for(i = 0; i < blks_width << 2; i++) {
                    int v = *cp >> 1;
                    *(cp++) = cp2[v];
                }

I assumed that ref_frm_pos would be reference frame, but here it is
written into.
So if nobody can say more about it I think it might be better to disable
it by default, I think we've usually done that by commenting out in
allcodecs.c, right?