[FFmpeg-devel] Indeo3 maintainer?

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Jul 6 14:33:35 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jul 06, 2009 at 02:19:44PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 06, 2009 at 01:38:07PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> > > Why not delegating some files ? ;)
> >
> > the ones id love to delegate or love to have some co maintainer for are
> > not things anyone wants or is capable to work on it seems.
> > For example id love to see others help with
> > * H264 decoder, its important and rather time consuming to fix issues
>
> I think a problem that the H.264 decoder has is its sheer size.  I tried
> twice to refactor parts of it, but failed.  Neither splitting off svq3.c
> nor splitting off the parser-specific code was successful.
>
> I suspect you could get more help if you managed to get that beast
> refactored into more manageable pieces.  I faintly remember Jason saying
> something to that effect...

It is very easy to factorize it if we are willing to ignore some style issues
i mean one always can split and use
#include "h264dec_mb.c"
#include "h264dec_block.c"
#include "h264dec_directmode.c"

this would sidestep any possible issues with inining from hard spliting in
seperate .o files and it always could later be changed to a real split where
possible

There will always be a question for which you do not know the correct awnser.