[FFmpeg-devel] Fw: [foms] Paper submissions to LCA

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Thu Jul 16 09:01:33 CEST 2009

Hi all,

Peter Ross wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The Linux.Conf.Au 2010 call for papers closes next week. Silvia Pfeiffer
> (who heads the FOMS workshops) has suggested a technical paper on FFmpeg
> would be well received. I tend to agree.
>
> So, anyone else interested in co-authing a paper? There are a slew of topics
> to choose from. Details below.

If a section about the RTP muxer (or about RTP streaming with ffmpeg[*]) is
welcome, I'd like to co-author the paper.
(but I am not sure if I'll be able to attend the conference... So, someone else
will have to go and present the paper).

				Luca

[*] I think that the possibility to stream over RTP using the same code used
for writing audio and video to a file is actually a cool feature that shows
the power of the libav* framework... So, we could have a section about A/V
muxers and talk about RTP streaming as a "special case" of this.