[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] avfilter poll_frame()

Vitor Sessak vitor1001
Tue Jun 9 20:02:00 CEST 2009

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> I think poll_frame() needs to be extended a little, namely i think
> it needs to return a pts array of the frames available.
> Most filters would just pass it through with frame decimate and duplicate
> filters doing trivial changes ...
>
> Its needed for frame rate changning filters because frame availability
> from them depends on the timestamps.
>
> if we agree on the need of this then patch welcome (this one should be
> trivial)

I'm not really sure about this one. I agree it is useful for filters
that drop frames (like vf_fps), but I feel there is something ugly about
forcing vsrc_movie to have always a frame cached so it can tell the pts
of the next frame in poll_frame()...

-Vitor