[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] avfilter poll_frame()

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Jun 9 21:33:48 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 08:02:00PM +0200, Vitor Sessak wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>> Hi
>> I think poll_frame() needs to be extended a little, namely i think
>> it needs to return a pts array of the frames available.
>> Most filters would just pass it through with frame decimate and duplicate
>> filters doing trivial changes ...
>> Its needed for frame rate changning filters because frame availability
>> from them depends on the timestamps.
>> if we agree on the need of this then patch welcome (this one should be
>> trivial)
>
> I'm not really sure about this one. I agree it is useful for filters that
> drop frames (like vf_fps), but I feel there is something ugly about forcing
> vsrc_movie to have always a frame cached so it can tell the pts of the next
> frame in poll_frame()...

its also usefull for a video player to know the pts ...
anyway i think poll_frame of vf_fps is buggy, shouldnt it contain a
loop with poll_frame & request_frame ?

In a rich man's house there is no place to spit but his face.
-- Diogenes of Sinope