[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] the future of libamr

Reinhard Tartler siretart
Tue Jun 9 21:53:55 CEST 2009

I'm sorry to interrupt here, but you both seem to be miscommunicating
quite heavily.

Baptiste Coudurier <baptiste.coudurier at gmail.com> writes:

> You don't understand what I am trying to say here. This is about "you"
> using "I" instead of "we". This is not about "you" having a credibility
> problem if that is so, it is about "FFmpeg".

that would be appropriate if these negotations were lead on a public
mailing list like this. However are not. Instead, they happen in form of
a dialoge. A dialogue has exactly two participants, which means that the
separation between "I" and "us" is not a choice, but a matter of fact.

> When you are speaking on behalf of FFmpeg, I think you should always use
> "we" and "us".

I don't have the impression that Diego makes these negotiations on his
own account and know pretty well when the "I" and when the "we" is
appropriate.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4