[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] the future of libamr

Diego Biurrun diego
Tue Jun 9 23:33:57 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 02:23:26PM -0700, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> On 6/9/2009 12:53 PM, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> > I'm sorry to interrupt here, but you both seem to be miscommunicating
> > quite heavily.

This is true, oh so true...

> > Baptiste Coudurier <baptiste.coudurier at gmail.com> writes:
> >
> >> You don't understand what I am trying to say here. This is about "you"
> >> using "I" instead of "we". This is not about "you" having a credibility
> >> problem if that is so, it is about "FFmpeg".
> >
> > that would be appropriate if these negotations were lead on a public
> > mailing list like this.
>
> I don't think so. When someone represents an entity I don't think he
> speaks by saying "I" or "me" even in private negotations.

I never claimed that I do.

> >> When you are speaking on behalf of FFmpeg, I think you should always use
> >> "we" and "us".
> >
> > I don't have the impression that Diego makes these negotiations on his
> > own account and know pretty well when the "I" and when the "we" is
> > appropriate.
>
> I quote the sentence Diego used, and what I think about it.

You got stuck on a single word of that sentence and disregarded the
whole context as well as multiple tries to explain.

I give up, I'm obviously unable to get my point across.

Diego