[FFmpeg-devel] What is the relationship between wmv1, wmv2 and wmv3 and msmpeg4?

Ramiro Polla ramiro.polla
Sat Jun 20 17:17:44 CEST 2009

On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 12:04 PM, zhihang wang <zhihang.wang at gmail.com>wrote:

> It is no doubt that I add the AVS encoder to the ffmpeg project.
> But because of so much work I should do and considering the updating of
> ffmpeg every day, I can't make sure I can follow
> the ffmpeg project.
> So I make another project and named it ffavs. The licence is not changed.

Yes you have changed the license multiple times, you even changed it to
nonexistent licenses like "S-GPL" and "LGNU". Just look at your wiki and git
history. At some point in time you even declared ffavs was under the "Apache

The main advantage of ffavs compared to ffmpeg I claimed on my website is
> the GOAL of my work.
> You can find these great changes from the git repository.
> There are still much work I have not done yet.
> I think it is almost impossible to use patch for the ffmpeg project to make
> so many changes.

And could you please follow the netiquette guidelines in
http://www.ffmpeg.org/mailinglists.html ? Specially not top-posting.

Ramiro Polla