[FFmpeg-devel] What is the relationship between wmv1, wmv2 and wmv3 and msmpeg4?

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Sat Jun 20 17:31:47 CEST 2009

Avoid top-posting.

On date Saturday 2009-06-20 23:04:57 +0800, zhihang wang encoded:
> It is no doubt that I add the AVS encoder to the ffmpeg project.
> But because of so much work I should do and considering the updating of
> ffmpeg every day, I can't make sure I can follow
> the ffmpeg project.
> So I make another project and named it ffavs. The licence is not changed.
> The main advantage of ffavs compared to ffmpeg I claimed on my website is
> the GOAL of my work.
>
> You can find these great changes from the git repository.
> There are still much work I have not done yet.
> I think it is almost impossible to use patch for the ffmpeg project to make
> so many changes.

It is this very statement that I find objectionable. Creating a clone
of FFmpeg and maintain it, that's a lot of work, much simpler and
useful is to post patches here, new formats are continuosly added so I
can't see why AVS should be so different.

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Forgiving and Fantastic Multimedia Ponderous Elastic Guide