[FFmpeg-devel] What is the relationship between wmv1, wmv2 and wmv3 and msmpeg4?

Stefan Gehrer stefan.gehrer
Sat Jun 20 19:45:47 CEST 2009

zhihang wang wrote:
> It is no doubt that I add the AVS encoder to the ffmpeg project.

There is doubt about it, as you seemingly want to add it to the
ffavs project in a way which makes it unusable for the ffmpeg
project.

I hope you are aware that a working encoder for AVS has already
been proposed?
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2007-July/033273.html

I think it would be easiest for you to take that patch (my feeling
is that it is close to being acceptable for inclusion into ffmpeg)
and improve its coding efficiency or add features you consider
important. If you go that way, I would be happy to help you if any
questions arise or to review changes.

Stefan