[FFmpeg-devel] Export colormap index and alpha map from dvdsubtitle

Erik Van Grunderbeeck erik
Wed Jun 24 13:22:56 CEST 2009

>> Hallo;
>>
>> To decode the colormap of subtitles correctly (with info from the ifo
files)
>> the colormap index and alpha values of the subtitle are needed.
>>
>> I propose exporting them via AVSubtitle and the entries in pict.data[2]
and
>> pict.data[3]. Unless someone has a better proposal.
>>
>> Attached patch does just that.
>>

>Would it make more sense to pass the IFO colourmap in extradata? That
>way Nero mp4 files with dvd subtitles could be decoded properly too...

You mean the extradata in AVCodecContext? Yep, good idea. I am not sure on
how nero chunks the colormap in its stream though. Ill change the patch and
also attach that, so people can also "review" that ;)

Erik