[FFmpeg-devel] New Mailing List

Naz lists
Wed Mar 18 10:05:56 CET 2009

Hi all,
    I have been using ffserver for a few months now. Something that
myself and all other ffserver users that I have come across have found
is that finding other ffserver users is difficult, as we tend to be
fairly evenly scattered around the various time zones. There are s few
of us in the list here, but we don't tend to get much attention due to
the fact that most ffmpeg developers seem to prefer to steer clear of

    I am proposing that a new mailing list be set up for ffserver. An
ffserver-users list would help us poor, scattered users discuss our
issues and help each other. As it stands, we are left to leave our
questions on ffmpeg-users, where they are most often ignored or dealt
with inaqequately.

    I have been a subscriber to -users since about September last year.
I count 21 threads about ffserver, 12 of which don't even have any
to kindly assist me when he can, but a community approach to assistance
where people exchange help between themselves would be preferable rather
than relying on one dev.

    So I would like to propose the creation of a ffserver-users mailing
list. How do other people feel about this?

- Naz.

Web:  www.mrnaz.com
Ph:   +61 400 460 662