[FFmpeg-devel] New Mailing List

Naz lists
Wed Mar 18 10:05:56 CET 2009

Hi all,
    I have been using ffserver for a few months now. Something that
myself and all other ffserver users that I have come across have found
is that finding other ffserver users is difficult, as we tend to be
fairly evenly scattered around the various time zones. There are s few
of us in the list here, but we don't tend to get much attention due to
the fact that most ffmpeg developers seem to prefer to steer clear of
ffserver.

    I am proposing that a new mailing list be set up for ffserver. An
ffserver-users list would help us poor, scattered users discuss our
issues and help each other. As it stands, we are left to leave our
questions on ffmpeg-users, where they are most often ignored or dealt
with inaqequately.

    I have been a subscriber to -users since about September last year.
I count 21 threads about ffserver, 12 of which don't even have any
to kindly assist me when he can, but a community approach to assistance
where people exchange help between themselves would be preferable rather
than relying on one dev.

    So I would like to propose the creation of a ffserver-users mailing
list. How do other people feel about this?

- Naz.

--

Web:  www.mrnaz.com
Ph:   +61 400 460 662