[FFmpeg-devel] [MinGW] build FFplay without "-mwindows"

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Wed May 6 01:46:17 CEST 2009

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Tue, May 05, 2009 at 03:46:08PM -0700, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
>> Alessandro Grassi wrote:

>>> looks like -mwindows is used together with SDL switches (-lSDL, -lSDLmain),
>>> and SDL is not used in FFmpeg itself
>> I see, do you know why SDL is adding -mwindows if it seems not necessary ?
>
> i dont know but i suspect that it is because the S in SDL stands for shit ;)
>
> btw, thats a great opertunity to remind us all how c00l it would be had
> ffplay mplayer/libvo support. libcaca/libaa alone should justify that :)

Well, I've started working on this :)

It seems however that libvo is quite entangled in mplayer and uses many
of its internal structures. I've started extracting it, but don't hold
your breath :/