[FFmpeg-devel] [MinGW] build FFplay without "-mwindows"

Ramiro Polla ramiro.polla
Wed May 6 01:47:38 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 7:46 PM, Baptiste Coudurier
<baptiste.coudurier at gmail.com> wrote:
> Alessandro Grassi wrote:
>>> and

>>> only
>>> Do you know why this doesn't affect ffmpeg binary ?
>>>
>> looks like -mwindows is used together with SDL switches (-lSDL, -lSDLmain),
>> and SDL is not used in FFmpeg itself
>
> I see, do you know why SDL is adding -mwindows if it seems not necessary ?

I failed to find the documentation for -mwindows. There should be
-mno-windows and -mconsole as well IIRC.

SDL is known for having very bad design decisions (like overriding
main()). I don't mind removing -mwindows, but I don't know if that's
best done with each user overriding sdl-config, or if we can just add
-mno-windows to override it, or if we should sed/-mwindows// it in
configure.

Send a patch and wait for the build system maintainers' opinion.

Ramiro Polla