[FFmpeg-devel] How do I display I-frames only in H.264

Rusty Waters rusty0829
Wed May 6 21:02:14 CEST 2009

Hello Diego,

Thanks for responding. I am sorry I originally used my
work email to register for user and developer lists for ffmpeg. Our
work email always adds the proprietary message at the end of the email.
We don not see this until after it is sent. I am a newbie at using
these lists,
and not sure of where to go. I am also not sure what
top-post means. So I quickly re-registered from my personal email, and
I will learn the rules as best as I can.

But anyways my problem
is real. avctx->skip_frame? = AVDISCARD_NONKEY works like a charm
for MPEG-4 to remove P-frames, that is keep them from being decoded in
our pipeline. Then we only display the I-frames. When this is set for H.264, it does nothing.
Any idea of where to go, or who to go to try and get this fixed?

use this feature, when displayiong multiple videos, as the CPU% gets
too high, then new videos are I-framed, so system doesn't hang or
crash. I actually use idle%, and when it gets too low I start
I-framing. As I said this works like a charm in MEPG-4, but not at all
in H.264.

Thanks again, Rusty Waters