[FFmpeg-devel] AMR has a new decoder/encoder

Reinhard Tartler siretart
Wed May 13 12:08:47 CEST 2009

"Ronald S. Bultje" <rsbultje at gmail.com> writes:
> Just do it the right way: implement a LGPL AMR decoder in ffmpeg,
> which happens to be part of Colin's SoC project of this year. Why not
> contribute there instead?

That's clearly the better approach, you're right.

More challenging though and requires much more time and knowledge ffmpeg
internals and amr, though.

(FWIW, I for myself don't have any amr material, so I personally don't
really care about this issue. It rather seems a pretty popular request
from ubuntu users (judging from the list of duplicates and subscribers
of [1]), which I'm forwarding here)

[1] https://launchpad.net/bugs/93849
--
Gruesse/greetings,