[FFmpeg-devel] Correct settings for MPEG4 part 2 encoder

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller uraeus
Tue May 12 12:14:18 CEST 2009

Hi everyone,
I am currently trying to put together a GStreamer preset file for the
ffmpeg MPEG4 part 2 encoder. The problem is that I do not know MPEG4
part 2 well enough to be able to figure you what values I need to put in
the various categories. Essentially I am trying to figure out what
combination of available settings for the encoder would correspond to a
subset of the official profiles for MPEG4 and also for the relevant DivX
versions. From the googling I have done I suspect that the DivX versions
essentially map to various Profiles, like Divx4 maybe being Simple
Advanced, but I am not sure. Below is where I am at currently, so I
would love it if anyone on this list who are familiar with the MPEG4
encoder in ffmpeg could help me fill in the blanks.

Thanks in advance,
Christian Schaller

[_presets_]
version=0.10