[FFmpeg-devel] RTMP support

François Revol revol
Wed May 27 21:26:00 CEST 2009

> > Yes, I'm working on it, working proof of a concept client should
> > hit
> > SoC SVN in one or two weeks. Meanwhile more complete documentation
> > on
> > RTMP should be created (somehow I don't trust Adobe), maybe from
> > rtmpdump sources. That will help me and others greatly.

Do *not* even read the Adobe docs, IIRC Rob warned ppl about their
braindead licence that forbids one from creating an implementation from
them.

> But where is the documentation that already exists? so i can add more
> information to it.

It has been REed by Rob Savoye long ago already...

Google is your friend :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Time_Messaging_Protocol
http://osflash.org/documentation/rtmp
http://wiki.gnashdev.org/RTMP