[FFmpeg-devel] RTMP support

Tiago Katcipis katcipis
Wed May 27 21:31:53 CEST 2009

thanks Fran?ois, i know google is my friend :-) (i used red5 a little and
read about rtmpy and rtmpd, now im working on mammoth that seens to be the
best to what i want to do), i was wondering if there is already some
documentation on ffmpeg about RTMP, so i can add new information there,
since there is a lot of sources of documentation i got confused on where i
should put the new info.

best regards,
Katcipis

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 4:26 PM, Fran?ois Revol <revol at free.fr> wrote:

> > > Yes, I'm working on it, working proof of a concept client should
> > > hit
> > > SoC SVN in one or two weeks. Meanwhile more complete documentation
> > > on
> > > RTMP should be created (somehow I don't trust Adobe), maybe from
> > > rtmpdump sources. That will help me and others greatly.
>
> Do *not* even read the Adobe docs, IIRC Rob warned ppl about their
> braindead licence that forbids one from creating an implementation from
> them.
>
> > But where is the documentation that already exists? so i can add more
> > information to it.
>
> It has been REed by Rob Savoye long ago already...
>
> Google is your friend :
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Time_Messaging_Protocol
> http://osflash.org/documentation/rtmp
> http://wiki.gnashdev.org/RTMP
> http://rtmpy.org/wiki/RTMP

"it might be a profitable thing to learn Java, but it has no intellectual
value whatsoever" Alexander Stepanov