[FFmpeg-devel] libavfilter-soc: select and snapshot filters

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu May 28 16:21:05 CEST 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 01:07:45AM +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> Hi,
> both as a backup and for fostering comments.
>
> Use them for example with:
>
> ffplay in.avi  -vfilters "split [out] [select], [select] select='eq(mod(N, 10), 0)', snapshot=snap%03d.png"
>
> This patch requires the avfilter_graph_config_links() patch which I
> posted yesterday.
>
> BTW, I don't think it is a good idea to commit to the SVN soc all
> these filters, API will likely still change and we should avoid to
> complicate the integration, but I believe it would be useful to start
> to collect the interesting filters somewhere (in the wiki?).

did it maybe cross your mind that it would make sense to try to get
filters into ffmpeg svn?

i mean, i said it before but this avfilter work outside ffmpeg svn is
very strange, is it really so much fun to have to rewrite it all from
scratch?
and now you suggest to chop your other foot off too, well if you like
i dont mind, but
filters in wiki, then to get into soc svn, full rewrite once they are
reviewed by vitor, and then again 2nd full rewrite once they are reviewed
by me when they are finally after 15 years submitted for inclusion in
ffmpeg svn

The misfortune of the wise is better than the prosperity of the fool.
-- Epicurus