[FFmpeg-devel] [patch]add mmsh protocol and extract common code for mmst.c

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Mon Aug 23 01:46:31 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 6:49 PM, Mahmut Akcay <mahakcay at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've just given it a try and it's working well. Great job well done.
> Is there gonna be a patch for a wrapper mms protocol that handles both mmsh
> and mmst? I think that's the only missing part.

(Not speaking for Zhentan, but just to give my point-of-view) yes. In
Windows Media Player, "mms://" is a wrapper that autodetects
ms-rtsp://, ms-http://, mmsh,mmst,mmsu:// and possibly more that I
haven't encountered yet. In ffmpeg, I hope it will eventually do
something similar. Note that we don't support ms-http:// or mmsu://
yet...

Ronald