[FFmpeg-devel] port mplayer eq filter to libavfilter

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Wed Dec 8 15:53:30 CET 2010

On date Wednesday 2010-12-08 15:44:22 +0100, Luca Barbato encoded:
> On 12/7/10 8:01 PM, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> >On date Tuesday 2010-12-07 10:00:26 +0800, William Yu encoded:
[...]
> >>Should i revert assembly code to original mplayer code
> >>before i can finding out a better way?
> >
> >Absolutely.
>
> No
>
> >Please try to change the code as little as you can, this is a *port*,
> >further optimizations can be done later (that also means less work for
> >you and for the reviewers).
>
> If we want to go such route please mark this code so it won't be
> built by default or lets make those part live on a staging branch
> pending further cleanups.

I'm against fancy repository layouts which work only for one/two
persons in the best case, and which finish to rot in all cases.

> I'd like to slow down commits of not fully tested code in our main
> branch, there is people that is still using it ^^;

Slowing down is easy, I'd like more people trying to make the
integration process *faster*.
--
FFmpeg = Fast Fascinating Most Perennial Elastic Guru