[FFmpeg-devel] Patch: CrystalHD decoder support

Benjamin Larsson banan
Tue Dec 28 14:28:42 CET 2010

On 12/28/2010 07:38 AM, Philip Langdale wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is an update of my previously posted diff against mplayer
> for a native mplayer codec implementation. I've ported it to work
> directly against ffmpeg and improved its behaviour significantly
> in the interim period.
>
> The Broadcom CrystalHD chips are standalone video decoders that
> decode video frames to system memory. As such, they are independent
> of the GPU and usually appear as mini-card addons to laptops and
> small form factor desktops. There are fully open-source drivers and
> userspace libraries for Linux and OSX (and I guess windows too).

Great work looks promising! But I got this error when trying with recent
trunk:

CC libavcodec/crystalhd.o
In file included from libavcodec/crystalhd.c:31:
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.3.3/include/emmintrin.h:34:3: error:
#error "SSE2 instruction set not enabled"
libavcodec/crystalhd.c: In function ?print_frame_info?:
libavcodec/crystalhd.c:211: warning: format ?%lu? expects type ?long
unsigned int?, but argument 4 has type ?uint64_t?
libavcodec/crystalhd.c: In function ?memcpy_pic?:
libavcodec/crystalhd.c:254: warning: cast discards qualifiers from
pointer target type
make: *** [libavcodec/crystalhd.o] Error 1

I'm compiling on an Atom cpu with Ubuntu, just commenting the
emmintrin.h line seems to work fine. And the first warning should be
easy to fix.

MvH
Benjamin Larsson