[FFmpeg-devel] [QUESTION] Indeo5 completion help

Maxim max_pole
Sun Jan 3 09:45:27 CET 2010

Hi Kostya,
> On Sun, Jan 03, 2010 at 03:55:16AM +0100, Maxim wrote:
>
>> Hello crews,
>>
>> due very limited time I can currently spend for FFmpeg-related
>> development I want to ask if someone could help me with completion of
>> the long-awaited Indeo5 decoder? It's finished so far and (with
>> exception of some minor bugs I'm working on) is able to decode
>> flawlessly 90 of 93 sample videos I have on my HD.
>>
>> The code was commited to the FFmpeg's SoC repository (see the folder
>> "soc/indeo5"), so anyone can help out...
>>

> Yep, I've used it even with ivi_mc.c and ivi_slant.c missing ;)

ivi_mc.c and ivi_slant.c were merged into single ivi_dsp.c now and the
entire code was commited as r5556/r5557...

>> The work needed to be done is all about bringing the code into the shape
>> and quality FFmpeg requires. I suppose some refraction/simplification,
>> cosmetic changes among with several patch review rounds is required.
>> I'll do my best on completing the codec documentation at:
>>
>> http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=Indeo_5
>>
>> You can surely ask me if you have any questions regarding this stuff...
>>
>> My intention is just to add a support for this common codec as soon as
>> possible...
>>

> I'll gladly do it.
> Just give us Indeo 4 decoder as well.

Thank you!
I'm on it. It's somehow simplier than indeo5 and will be easy to do when
the shared stuff (ivi_dsp.c and ivi_common.c) was finished and committed...

Regards
Maxim