[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Rename libavformat/rtp_* to rtpenc_* and rtpdec_*

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Sat Jan 9 18:02:30 CET 2010

Hi Martin,

On 09/01/10 14:00, Martin Storsj? wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently, most of the RTP codec packetizers and RTP parsers are stored in
> files named rtp_*, regardless of if they're packetizers or parsers. Only
> the H.264 packetizer is in a clearly named file, rtpenc_h264.

I think when I split rtp in rtpenc and rtpdec I only renamed the files
for which we have an both an enc and a dec version... But this creates
some confusion, I agree ;-)

> To clean
> this up, I'd propose the following renamings:
>
> rtp_aac.c  ->  rtpenc_aac.c
> rtp_amr.c  ->  rtpenc_amr.c
> rtp_h263.c ->  rtpenc_h263.c
> rtp_mpv.c  ->  rtpenc_mpv.c
>
> rtp_asf.{c,h}    ->  rtpdec_asf.{c,h}
> rtp_h264.{c,h}   ->  rtpdec_h264.{c,h}
> rtp_vorbis.{c,h} ->  rtpdec_vorbis.{c,h}
>
> Opinions on such a rename?

Fine by me. Let's wait a little bit for other people's opinions, and
then I'll commit the rename.

			Thanks,
				Luca