[FFmpeg-devel] pixfmt.h installed header using HAVE_BIGENDIAN?

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Jan 17 18:45:40 CET 2010

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 04:20:58PM +0100, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 03:24:30PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 03:19:35PM +0100, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> > > Or to put it differently, removing the _NE formats from the public API is
> > > my idea of fixing the API, thus after this we actually don't have a broken
> > > API anymore (just an inconvenient one).
> >
> > i wont approve a patch that slows down or bloats code in swscale & lavc
> > because of some philosophical thing about config.h
>
> Huh? Do we intend to allow building lavc/swscale against an installed libavutil,
> using only public API?
> If not I don't understand what your objection is about and...

Its that this would be some 2 class system, our libs that can use it, everyone
elses that can not.  but its not a huge issue.

Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated
form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty. -- Plato