[FFmpeg-devel] What is missing for working AVFMT_FLAG_NONBLOCK?

aviad rozenhek aviadr1
Mon Jan 18 20:43:57 CET 2010

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 21:24, Luca Abeni <lucabe72 at email.it> wrote:

> On Sun, 2010-01-17 at 13:42 -0500, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> [...]
> > > attached is an updated patch that changes just one line, but leaves the
> > > redundant for loop block in place.
> >
> > Is plain wrong, should be if (errno == -EAGAIN) in if (ret < 0).
>
> I am not sure if select() is supposed to give EAGAIN as an error...

I checked, select does not  return EAGAIN as error, it returns 0 if there is
no data

I suspect when the timeout fires the return value ret is 0, and errno is
> not set (so, returning AVERROR(EAGAIN) if ret == 0 is IMHO correct).

right.

> I agree that the current check looks kind of convoluted, and can be made
> more readable.

The current check is convoluted, and i'll submit a separate patch for it.

however I'm currently struggling with ffmpeg itself, some parts of it don't
like getting EAGAIN right when probing for stream info.
i hope to post complete, separated patches for everything when I nail it
down.

 Aviad Rozenhek