[FFmpeg-devel] minor ./configure glitches on OpenBSD

François Revol revol
Tue Jan 19 15:24:32 CET 2010

> > The OpenBSD nm(1) doesn't recognize a "-P" option, which
> > I read ( http://linux.die.net/man/1/nm ) is a shorthand
> > for "-f posix", as opposed to the default of "-f bsd",
> > which should be used on BSD anyway.
>
> Eh what?  The POSIX standard options should not be used on BSD????
> Give me a break please.  Here's a quote from the spec:
>
> -f
>     [XSI] Produce full output. Write redundant symbols ( .text,
> .data,
>     and .bss), normally suppressed.
> -P
>     Write information in a portable output format, as specified in
> the
>     STDOUT section.
>
> Now go and whack the BSD tool maintainers with a clue-by-four.

Eh, I thought only BeOS had issues with POSIX ;-)

> > Also, the OpenBSD od(1) has no "-A" option,
> > and will disappear in favour of hexdump(1) anyway.
>
> That's f*cked up.  od is a standard tool, hexdump is not.

Which is odd :p though hd in BeOS is much simpler to use, but also it's
not standard either.

Anyone knows the correct options to od to just dump hex byte per byte
instead of screwing up with 16bit endianness ?

Fran?ois.