[FFmpeg-devel] (no subject)

michelle211 at comcast.net michelle211
Thu Jan 21 05:06:48 CET 2010

Hi all

Well the video has been playing for more than 20 minutes and no problems, its 2 hour movie, it wil probably play through.

Here are the changes to my ffplay you got from my svn

use Frame_x and Frame_y values of 256
Reduce the audio buffer to 64, probably doesn't matter but the doc says use the smallest resonable buffer
I must of looked at this code several times and wondered how it worked, well the answer was it did not.

comment out these lines in QueuePicture

/* if the frame is not skipped, then display it */

//AVPicture tmpPict;

//avpicture_alloc(&tmpPict, DST_PIX_FMT, FRAME_X, FRAME_Y);

/* get a pointer on the bitmap */

create a global variable

static AVPicture tmpPict;

Copy this line to alloc_picture

Just before calling SDL_PixelFormatEnumToMasks

avpicture_alloc(&tmpPict, DST_PIX_FMT, FRAME_X, FRAME_Y);

Now all I need to do is figure out how to overlay som simple controls. And we are set to go