[FFmpeg-devel] Google Summer of Code 2010 is coming

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos
Sat Jan 30 01:42:11 CET 2010

Ronald S. Bultje <rsbultje <at> gmail.com> writes:

> GSoc2010 was recently announced on one of the google lists. I think
> it's time we do this right, so I'd like to start thinking about:
> - possible projects
> - getting students interested and get qualification tasks rolling
> - advertising our project
>
> I've set up a wiki page as usual, please post ideas there:
> http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=FFmpeg_Summer_Of_Code_2010

Now, we have "Playlist/Concatenation Support" twice (and afair, Michael did not
yet review last years patch).

I wanted to suggest DTS-MA - do we have the dll and does it work in a "useful"
environment?
Should we support muxing Blu-ray compatible ts-streams? (I just assume it does
not work, did anybody try? Mike?)

And while we are at it: Did everybody read in Dark Shikari's blog that x264
plans to write a DVB muxer? Is it correct that there are technical reasons that
make it unavoidable that it is written outside of libavformat structure?

Carl Eugen