[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Keyframe interval in the libvpx encoder
Sat Jun 5 15:22:43 CEST 2010
Currently, the libvpx encoder sets VPX_KF_FIXED if keyint_min == gop_size.
According to the libvpx header:
* This enumeration determines whether keyframes are placed automatically by
* the encoder or whether this behavior is disabled. Older releases of this
* SDK were implemented such that VPX_KF_FIXED meant keyframes were disabled.
* This name is confusing for this behavior, so the new symbols to be used
* are VPX_KF_AUTO and VPX_KF_DISABLED.
So, if keyint_min happens to be exactly equal to gop_size, it in practice
means no keyframes are placed at all. That can't be the correct behaviour,
can it? This would be fixed with the attached patch.
If such behaviour, no keyframes at all, should be exposed through the lavc
API, I don't think it should be for the case of keyint_min == gop_size at
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 654 bytes
More information about the ffmpeg-devel