[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Keyframe interval in the libvpx encoder

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Jun 5 22:12:22 CEST 2010

On Sat, Jun 05, 2010 at 04:22:43PM +0300, Martin Storsj? wrote:
> Hi,
> Currently, the libvpx encoder sets VPX_KF_FIXED if keyint_min == gop_size.
> According to the libvpx header:
>  * This enumeration determines whether keyframes are placed automatically by
>  * the encoder or whether this behavior is disabled. Older releases of this
>  * SDK were implemented such that VPX_KF_FIXED meant keyframes were disabled.
>  * This name is confusing for this behavior, so the new symbols to be used
> So, if keyint_min happens to be exactly equal to gop_size, it in practice
> means no keyframes are placed at all. That can't be the correct behaviour,
> can it? This would be fixed with the attached patch.
> If such behaviour, no keyframes at all, should be exposed through the lavc
> API, I don't think it should be for the case of keyint_min == gop_size at
> least.
> // Martin

do we have a maintainer for the libvpx specific code?

No human being will ever know the Truth, for even if they happen to say it
by chance, they would not even known they had done so. -- Xenophanes