[FFmpeg-devel] MJPG decoder picture quality

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Tue Jun 8 22:49:25 CEST 2010

On 6/8/10 12:46 PM, Pavel Pavlov wrote:
> I use libavcodec's jpeg decoder and I noticed that some pictures weren't looking good. Knowing that these pictures were meant to be very high quality, I decided to check out what was wrong.
> I couldn't find anything wrong, other that the fact that pictures that come out of libavcodec's MJPG decoder don't looks as good as they are supposed to.
> As a simple test I took a picture that comes from win7 install :
> http://dev5.summit-tech.ca/pps/ffmpeg/Tulips.jpg
> Here's how this picture gets decoded by ffmpeg:
> http://dev5.summit-tech.ca/pps/ffmpeg/Tulips_yuv444.png

This is weird, using this commandline:
ffmpeg -i Tulips.jpg test%d.png

with latest svn, I don't have the same png, the png I obtain have way
more hot colors and looks exactly like the jpg.

Btw the png is rgb24 not yuv444.

Can you please share with us the ffmpeg commandline you are using ?

Baptiste COUDURIER