[FFmpeg-devel] MJPG decoder picture quality

Pavel Pavlov pavel
Wed Jun 9 23:47:21 CEST 2010

 [Pavel Pavlov]
I don't use sdl myself, and the only reason I touched it was because ffplay needs it :) One day I had to work on some directx mess for multimedia for mobiles and it just didn't seem to work sometimes and randomly didn't produce expected results. So, I tried to find some sample code for the functions that I used with directX. Guess what, most of the references on the web were from sdl and after I read the src code I found many problems in the code that I was debugging and I didn't have bad impression after reading their directX code (for video stuff). All timers and synchronization in my code I eventually had to rewrite completely (I never used sdl for that purpose). Sometimes I also had problems with inaccurate timers, or problem when different timer functions don't return consistent times, but for sdl (which is targeted for media and game developers) that kind of stuff should have been solved from the beginning I think :)