[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg 0.6 status update

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Sun Jun 20 21:30:19 CEST 2010

On date Tuesday 2010-06-15 22:49:14 +0200, Reinhard Tartler encoded:
> On Wed, Mar 03, 2010 at 14:09:45 (CET), Benjamin Larsson wrote:
>
> > Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> >> Hi folks,
> >> [... Lots of text ...]
> >>
> >> We're looking forward to the next release -- FFmpeg "Works with
> >> HTML5" 0.6 !
>
> Okay, that release is now ready, and linked from
> http://ffmpeg.org/download.html

Release Notes review...

|Release Notes
|=============
[...]

|API and other notable Changes
|-----------------------------

The casing is A little Schizofrenic.

|Please see the file doc/APIchanges for programmer-centric information.
|
|Notable changes:
|- deprecated vhook subsystem removed
|- deprecated old scaler removed
|- nonfree libamr support for AMR-NB/WB decoding/encoding removed

|- RTMP support in libavformat

... added

|- -formats option split into -formats, -codecs, -bsfs, and -protocols

|- ffprobe tool
|- RTMP/RTMPT/RTMPS/RTMPE/RTMPTE protocol support via librtmp

ditto here, for consistency.

|- CODEC_CAP_EXPERIMENTAL added

This entry is *pointless*, please remove it (and from the Changelog as well).

|Added Codecs:

Not only codecs, I suggest to use:
"Added features and modules"

[...]

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Faithless and Friendly Mythic Portable Ecumenical Genius