[FFmpeg-devel] ffprobe packets and frames parsing

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Wed Mar 10 02:04:59 CET 2010

On date Tuesday 2010-03-09 13:33:14 +0100, Robert Kr?ger encoded:

> Stefano,
>
> I might have missed the explanation for this in one of your recent
> postings but I just noticed that ffprobe integrated with ffmpeg
> currently doesn't have options to parse packets/frames (which is
> e.g. necessary to determine if content is interlaced).

Yes I choose to do that to ease/speed integration, that is I wanted to
avoid to discuss all the SF ffprobe features, many of which need a
complex implementation.

> What are your plans regarding this? Are you going to port this code
> into the version integrated with ffmpeg? I was going to contribute a
> patch which implements the -vframes option but that isn't possible
> currently.

My plan is to integrate all the features currently implemented in
SF/ffprobe, possibly better and in a cleaner way, so this will require
some time and maybe some hacking on FFmpeg the libs.

Once this will happen I'll drop the SF version.

In the meaningwhile you're encouraged to add feature requests to
roundup or to propose patches here.

> Thanks for any info and thanks for integrating with the ffmpeg distro,

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Faithful and Foolish Multimedia Programmable Exxagerate Gadget