[FFmpeg-devel] segfaults: Internal buffer inconsistency. flushbits <> ResvSizebit reservoir error

Mike Scheutzow scheutzow
Wed Mar 24 14:26:43 CET 2010

Artur Bodera wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 9:52 PM, Artur Bodera <abodera at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 9:32 PM, Benjamin Larsson <banan at ludd.ltu.se>wrote:
>>>  > advanced optimizations 9% Your system is overclocked 1% bug in LAME
>>> encoding
>>> Compile Lame with a proper compiler.
>>>
>> Thanks for tip. Please define "proper".
>>
>> I've compiled both ffmpeg and lame with gcc version 4.3.2 20081105 (Red Hat
>> 4.3.2-7) (GCC). The funny thing is it never happened before with the same
>> binaries and I'm encoding a dozen of these videos a day.
>>

> After two months, it's coming back.
> Regarding: https://roundup.ffmpeg.org/issue803
>
> How to work around it??
>
> I've compiled old 3.97 lame using gcc 4.3.2.
> Compiled FFmpeg version SVN-r22626 against it using gcc 4.3.2

FFmpeg's regression tests fail using gcc 4.3.2 on 32-bit Suse 11.1.

The advice given to me by this list was to use a different version of
gcc. That did make the crashes I was experiencing go away.

Mike Scheutzow