[FFmpeg-devel] segfaults: Internal buffer inconsistency. flushbits <> ResvSizebit reservoir error

Artur Bodera abodera
Wed Mar 24 14:58:10 CET 2010

2010/3/24 M?ns Rullg?rd <mans at mansr.com>

> The crash is happening in LAME code.  Go bother the LAME devs if you
> can find them.

hahaha ;-) That's optimistic...
ps:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2553863&group_id=290&atid=100290

Anyways, according to my observations and other people's analysis (see
ffmpeg ticket 803)
the truth lies somewhere between. i.e. the way ffmpeg calls api (flushes)
that is somewhat
incompatible or broken.

There are tons of new patches every month for compatibility and
interoperability with x264,
while a veeeeeery old bug with lame 3.98 has been dormant since circa nov
2008.

Note that crashes are semi-random (most often for longer clips > 60min) so
that would mean
many people have broken ffmpeg binaries and don't even know that unless they
need to encode
something longer.

Well, no need for analysis or speculations around it - just point me (and
others) to what version
to use, or what flags to set to make it (finally) work.

ps: similar bug with lame 3.98 (same error msg) popped in mencoder many
months ago
and it has been fixed instantly.

--

     __