[FFmpeg-devel] Google Summer of Code 2010 Small Task Orientation

Marcelo Galvão Póvoa marspeoplester
Thu Mar 25 01:45:21 CET 2010

Hello, I'm a student interested in participating in GSoC 2010 and I've
got interest in AMR-WB decoder project idea. However, I don't have
experience in codecs implementation and specification, although I'm
proficient in C language and general programming. I would like to know
if this project (or maybe one of the other decoders suggested, such as
WMA lossless or BSAC AAC) is suitable for beginners in this subject,
despite I'm ready to put whichever effort needed in learning about it. :)

If so, I would appreciate an adequate Small Task suggestion for this
project. I've considered the "RealAudio 14.4 encoder", it is suitable?
In addition, I could make use of some reference webpages or
books to help compose my application.

Any help/hint will be appreciated.

Regards,
--