[FFmpeg-devel] Google Summer of Code 2010 Small Task Orientation

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Thu Mar 25 02:33:19 CET 2010

Hi,

On Mar 24, 2010, at 8:45 PM, Marcelo Galv?o P?voa <marspeoplester at gmail.c
om> wrote:
> Hello, I'm a student interested in participating in GSoC 2010 and I've
> got interest in AMR-WB decoder project idea. However, I don't have
> experience in codecs implementation and specification, although I'm
> proficient in C language and general programming. I would like to know
> if this project (or maybe one of the other decoders suggested, such as
> WMA lossless or BSAC AAC) is suitable for beginners in this subject,
> despite I'm ready to put whichever effort needed in learning about
> it. :)
>
> If so, I would appreciate an adequate Small Task suggestion for this
> project. I've considered the "RealAudio 14.4 encoder", it is suitable?

Robert is the projected mentor, you should discuss with him what
qualification task would be suitable for this SoC project. Maybe an
amrwb frame parser makes sense as qualification task?

Ronald