[FFmpeg-devel] Phantom Cine read support

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sun Mar 28 14:17:04 CEST 2010

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 12:41:28PM +0100, Jakub Olexa wrote:
> is there any work on implementing support for reading Phantom Cine
> files? This file format is only supported by Phantom Camera software
> on PC and its extremely slow and painfull process to get phantom
> files converted into dnxhd. I can provide sample files if there is
> someone who would like to give it a try.

There is now a basic description of the format that I think should
be enough to extract the basic data:
http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=Phantom_Cine
Implementing it is also added to the "small tasks" page.
I won't be working on it, but I can help out anyone trying to implement
it.
You could hope for someone to implement it or try to hire someone to do it.
There is supposed to be a page on the ffmpeg homepage listing some people
available for FFmpeg-related consulting that might "volunteer" but I can't find it...