[FFmpeg-devel] Phantom Cine read support

compn tempn
Sun Mar 28 18:05:45 CEST 2010

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 14:17:04 +0200, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
>On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 12:41:28PM +0100, Jakub Olexa wrote:
>> is there any work on implementing support for reading Phantom Cine
>> files? This file format is only supported by Phantom Camera software
>> on PC and its extremely slow and painfull process to get phantom
>> files converted into dnxhd. I can provide sample files if there is
>> someone who would like to give it a try.
>
>There is now a basic description of the format that I think should
>be enough to extract the basic data:
>http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=Phantom_Cine
>Implementing it is also added to the "small tasks" page.
>I won't be working on it, but I can help out anyone trying to implement
>it.
>You could hope for someone to implement it or try to hire someone to do it.
>There is supposed to be a page on the ffmpeg homepage listing some people
>available for FFmpeg-related consulting that might "volunteer" but I can't find it...

apparently no one hooked it up yet. its visible here:
http://ffmpeg.org/consulting.html

also let me repeat my deep hatred for the current dynamic navigation on
ffmpeg.org. the 'about' tab being the only way to activate the second
nav bar (License and Legal Issues, Hall of Shame, Projects Using
FFmpeg ) is just stupid to me (and probably screen readers).

-compn