[FFmpeg-devel] Adding Mac OS X screen recording to ffmpeg

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Fri May 7 23:34:54 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 5:32 PM, daniel dixon <daniel.dixon at reelfx.com> wrote:
> Anyone have advice to offer before I start? ?Should I use something besides
> OpenGL? I don?t know what I would use, though. ?Has this already been done
> and I don?t know about it? ?I?m hoping I can pretty much just port the logic
> in x11grab and gdigrab. ?I know X11 runs on Mac, but it?s a separate
> installation entirely and doesn?t seem to be the road to go down.

Not against GL per se, but why not use the Quartz Window Services API
[1]? It's much faster than GL (I've tried both), and it's actually
easier and more extended.

Ronald

[1] http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/Carbon/Reference/CGWindow_Reference/Reference/Functions.html