[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC][POLICY] Immediately use the new API in ffmpeg

Jason Garrett-Glaser jason
Sun Nov 21 00:26:12 CET 2010

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 3:21 PM, Baptiste Coudurier
<baptiste.coudurier at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'd like to make a request to the policy:
>
> Every time an API is deprecated, I'd like to add the rule that
> developers must immediately use the new API in ffmpeg/ffplay/ffserver tools.

Actually, I would say further that, for the cases of new API functions
intended to replace older ones, such new functions should not even be
made public until ffmpeg/ffplay/ffserver modifications are ready.

ff* apps should be the first testbed for new APIs, not the last.

Jason