[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC/PATCH 6/8] tidsp: add mp4v configuration

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras
Wed Sep 8 10:42:44 CEST 2010

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 8:16 AM, Reimar D?ffinger
<Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 08, 2010 at 01:58:14AM +0300, Felipe Contreras wrote:
>> Right, although I've never encountered a problem with that. All the
>> code I've seen assumes the endianness is determined at compilation
>> time.
>
> That isn't the problem, the question is will the DSP code still work
> if the endianness is the other one? The struct will still look different
> in memory if the endianness is changed, compile- vs. runtime does not matter.
> It's not impossible that the DSP guesses the endianness on its own,
> it would be unusual though.

Yes, that is true, and as I said, if somebody can provide some
pointers how to do that properly I will consider it.

However, at the end of the day is libschroedinger has has a similar
flaw, all you can do is say yes, or no, to use it. The same would
happen to libtidsp-ng. Although as you can see from here, I am willing
and interested in your input.

--
Felipe Contreras