[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC/PATCH 6/8] tidsp: add mp4v configuration

Måns Rullgård mans
Wed Sep 8 11:42:53 CEST 2010

Felipe Contreras <felipe.contreras at gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 8:16 AM, Reimar D?ffinger
> <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 08, 2010 at 01:58:14AM +0300, Felipe Contreras wrote:
>>> Right, although I've never encountered a problem with that. All the
>>> code I've seen assumes the endianness is determined at compilation
>>> time.
>> That isn't the problem, the question is will the DSP code still
>> work if the endianness is the other one? The struct will still look
>> different in memory if the endianness is changed, compile-
>> vs. runtime does not matter.  It's not impossible that the DSP
>> guesses the endianness on its own, it would be unusual though.
> Yes, that is true, and as I said, if somebody can provide some
> pointers how to do that properly I will consider it.

You are the self-proclaimed expert here.  Why don't you apply some of
that expertise?

> However, at the end of the day is libschroedinger has has a similar
> flaw, all you can do is say yes, or no, to use it.

I fail to see the relevance of libschroedinger.  Aside, what options
other than yes or no could there possibly be?  Use half of it?

M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com