[FFmpeg-devel] About guess_correct_pts / AVFrame.best_effort_timestamp

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Wed Feb 16 18:02:41 CET 2011

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 11:59 AM, Nicolas George
<nicolas.george at normalesup.org> wrote:
> L'octidi 28 pluvi?se, an CCXIX, Ronald S. Bultje a ?crit?:
>> <sarcasm> Oh, so the code isn't necessary? Let's drop it then. </sarcasm>
>
> <sarcasm> ffmpeg is not necessary either, nor are computers or electricity.
> We can go back hunting wild beasts using flint. </sarcasm>
>
>> Come on dude, stop playing around.
>
> I am not playing around. I proposed this patch to fix a very specific issue:
> the movie source in lavfi needed a timestamp, it was about to duplicate the
> code in ffmpeg.

Then the patch is rejected, as Mans said.

The code breaks timestamps where they are non-broken, and fixes
timestamps only when they are broken because of other bugs. We should
not fix them after having broken them, but not break them to begin
with. Then, libavfilter does not need this code.

Ronald