[FFmpeg-devel] About guess_correct_pts / AVFrame.best_effort_timestamp

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Wed Feb 16 18:45:01 CET 2011

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 12:43 PM, Nicolas George
<nicolas.george at normalesup.org> wrote:
> L'octidi 28 pluvi?se, an CCXIX, Luca Barbato a ?crit?:
>> Ok, for this specific issue the patch, as it is, is wrong.
>
> Maybe.
>
>> > I do not see what "-vcodec copy does not work with MKV" has to do with it,
>> > except that this is one of M?ns' pet subject.
>> your patch breaks that scenario.
>
> I am sorry, but this just is not true. My patch does not fix nor break
> anything, it just moves code from one place to another. And in this
> particular case, the code it changes is not even used.
>
> I can accept valid objections even if I do not agree with them, but I will
> not accept factual fallacies.

Your goal of moving the goal around is to do XYZ. We don't think XYZ
is right. Therefore, the code does not need to be moved around.

Is that OK as an explanation?

Ronald